Sandhill Theatre Company presents the Chicago premiere of FAITH.
By Nathaniel Wright
Directed by Brandon Hayes
December 4, 2008 - January 11, 2009
STAGE 33 CHICAGO
3655 N Kedzie Ave
FAITH is a darkly comic, semi-autobiographical look at the conflicts and turmoil of a family Christmas. Forced together under the same roof, six Midwesterners of starkly different faiths, races, classes and sexual orientations are forced to confront the secrets and lies that bind families together and threaten to tear them apart.
Preview performances: December 4 - 6 at 8pm
Opening Night: December 7 at 7pm
Performances are Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings at 8pm and Sunday evenings at 7pm.
(Please note: there will be no performance on December 25)
Tickets are $15 for the general public and $10 for students, seniors and industry. (Preview performances are $10 for the general public and $5 for students, seniors and industry.)
Raymond K. Cleveland
Producer: Lauren Platt Baker
Costume Design: Brian von Rueden
Set Design: Sean M. Santos
Sound Design: Adam Geffen
Stage Manager: Emma Balay-Wilson
FAITH premiered in 2002 - the year it received the Hopwood Award for Drama - at the Arena Stage in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was subsequently revived at the Players' Club in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Meet Faith Armstrong (Sharon Emeigh), devoted wife, mother, fundamentalist Christian, addict.
- Meet Dr. John Armstrong (Daniel Vuillaume), Faith's husband and a respected surgeon with a nasty secret.
- Meet Jedediah Armstrong (Michael Shepherd), Faith and John's studious, all-American gay son.
- Meet Shawn Jackson (Raymond K. Cleveland), Jedediah's African-American drag queen boyfriend.
- Meet Josephine Carnaghi (Ashlee Hardgrave), Faith's brash Catholic mother.
- Meet Delia Jackson (Chezik Smith), Shawn's hard-working mother.
- Finally, meet The Corpse (Charles Wimmer).
Join them all for a wholesome family Christmas!
Sandhill Theatre Company - Stories From the Midwest